After some initial testing and finding that the cmp and binary search functions were hard not only hard to call but did not already have a platform specific optimization. When you download glibc there is a directory containing architecture specific optimizations for certain functions. Comparing the sysdeps/x86_64 folder containing 500 or so files to sysdeps/aarch64’s 100 files I decided it would be best to chose one that x86_64 had that aarch64 did not. I decided to switch my project to optimizing the wcschr function. A wide character function that finds the first occurrence of a wide character in a wide string and returns the pointer.